For its 7th edition, the Chromatic festival broadens its scope: under the theme of the role of art in the business and entrepreneurial spheres, the festival opens for its first time the doors of Chromatic PRO, its professional branch.
Professionals, creators, and known creative figures from Toronto, Lyon, and Montreal will explore the numerous facets of the key question for this first edition, thus creating new partnerships and axes for collaboration between the three cities.
During three days, the public will be invited to reflect upon the different forms of creativity and their utility within an increasingly diverse and globalized economy. Dynamic anti-master classes, “versus” sessions between cities, artistic performances, interactive workshops and presentations of digital installations, the audience will be enticed to reimagine the bond between art and business.
Some of the speakers:
- Simon Brault, Director and CEO of the Canada Council for the Arts
- Manon Gauthier, in charge of culture at Ville de Montréal
- Nathalie Maillé,Executive Director at Conseil des Arts de Montréal
- Vincent Carry, founder of Nuits Sonores
- Sandy Boutin, founder of Festival de musique émergente en Abitibi-Témiscamingue and of Simone Records
- Emily Bayliss, Program Manager, SXSW Eco
- George Fok and Myriam Achard (Centre Phi)
- Philippe Demers, Arthur Gaillard and Thibault Choquel (MASSIVart)
- Guillaume Cardell, Philippe Meunier, (Sid Lee) and Claudia Roy, (Sid Lee Studios)
- Catherine Turp and Joy Marsal (Moment Factory)
- Marie-Christine Cojocaru (Caisse de la culture)
- Alain Mongeau (MUTEK)
- Pascale Lefebvre (Piknic Électronik)