Who is the residency for?
You are a musician, band or audio creator.
You have an established professional practice and you are recognized by your peers.
You reside in Canada.
Who is eligible to apply?
You have produced a body of work and have experience in public presentation and-or shows.
You have completed the registration form before March 1, 2021 and have taken the time to fill in the following informations:
- Contact information
- Intended cohort
- Description of your project
- Motivations / Expectations
- Musical or creative style
- Completed projects
You will also need to provide the following documents:
- Short biography
- Audio Clip
Applications that do not meet the eligibility requirements will not be considered.
What are the requirements to apply as a candidate?
You are required to be available during the period of residency.
What resources and facilities are available to residents?
This residency will offer the following :
- Live-in creative loft in a stunning retreat setting
- State-of-the-art studio space made available during the residency
- Sound engineer/technical support and assistant (up to 10 hours per day)
- Separate 3 bedroom living quarters with full kitchen: quietude as a creative retreat in nature, away from the urban centre
- Opportunity to connect with PHI creative, technical and programming teams (up to 5 hours)
How many artists will take part in the residency at the same time?
Each session will be composed of one artist or band of up to 4 people.
How are candidates selected?
The selection will be undertaken by a committee composed of PHI team members as well as two external nominated committee members to reflect a diverse set of expertise and perspectives.
Applications are reviewed according to the following evaluation criteria:
- The conceptual and formal rigour of the proposed project
- The quality of the proposal and the impact that the residency may have on the development of the project
- Completed artistic projects
In order to meet the requirements of public health authorities and government in the current pandemic context, only one application (artist or band) will be selected per cohort.
Once the selection process is complete, only successful candidates will be notified.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
When are the selected candidates announced?
The selected candidates will be announced in March.
What is the duration of the residency?
The residency lasts 14 days.
Is there an admission fee?
There is no application fee.
For further inquiries
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact us at [email protected]